Inexpensive Professional Liability Insurance for Grad Students!
Join EPICC today and receive professional liability insurance included in your $35 membership!
You MUST have liability insurance for your work in field placements—so avoid high costs by becoming an EPICC member. At just $35 for the school year, you can have the best buy in professional liability insurance ($1 million/$3 million limits). We at the nonprofit American Clinical Social Work Association (ACSWA) have arranged for you to purchase a superior occurrence-made policy from HPSO, a leading insurer. The $35 fee also includes full membership in EPICC/ACSWA, with many benefits in addition to the professional liability insurance. Affordable professional liability insurance is just a few clicks away.
Healthcare Providers Service Organization (HPSO) offers affordable occurrence-based coverage, which means that—unlike claims-made coverage—you are protected regardless of when a claim is filed, provided the policy was in force at the time the incident occurred. As a BCD practitioner, you can qualify for a 10% discount on full-time practice coverage with HPSO.
HPSO coverage includes Professional Liability Limits of $1 million per claim and $3 million aggregate (also: higher-limit coverage is offered for higher premiums), and many value-added coverage features:
- Defendant Expense Benefit. Reimburses you (up to $25,000 aggregate subject to $1,000 per day limit) for lost wages and covered expenses incurred when you attend a required trial, hearing or proceeding as a defendant in a covered claim.
- License Protection. Reimburses you (up to $25,000 aggregate) for your defense of disciplinary charges and other covered expenses arising from a covered incident.
- Deposition Representation. Pays for attorney fees, up to $10,000 aggregate, as a result of your required attendance at a deposition that arises out of a covered claim for professional services.
- Information Privacy Coverage (HIPAA). Reimburses you, up to $25,000 aggregate, for costs to notify patients or clients of the violation of confidential personal information in compliance with privacy protection laws. It will also cover HIPAA fines and penalties you become legally obligated to pay.
- Security and stability. Backed and underwritten by American Casualty Company of Reading, a CNA company, rated ‘A’ (Excellent) by A.M Best, the nation’s leading independent insurance analyst.
Interested in the benefits of being an EPICC Member?Join Now